Enquiries and Complaints
Consumers may make general enquires to URCA about the electronic communications sector (ECS), URCA, its regulatory role and URCA activities and other subjects related to the industry and its regulation. Consumers may also submit complaints to URCA. Before escalating a complaint to URCA, consumers should first submit their complaint to the respective operator or service provider, whom their complaint is about. In June 2012, URCA issued a Final Determination on guidelines which provide for the development and implementation of procedures for operators’ handling of consumer complaints. It is important that operator [service providers] be permitted reasonable opportunity to address customer complaints.
When submitting complaints please ensure that you:
- Identify the service provider against whom the complaint is being made
- Explain the nature and scope of the complaint
- Provide an outline, including approximate dates, of actions that you’ve taken in your attempts to resolve the complaint, highlighting any actions taken and/or responses by the service provider related to your complaint
- Provide the name, telephone and/or account number relevant to the specific service in question
- Provide your contact details