Responses to Public Consultation on the Proposed Revision of the Retail Pricing Rules
Tuesday July 26th, 2016
On 26 May 2016, URCA published for consultation its “Preliminary Determination on Proposed Revision of the Retail Pricing Rules for Price Regulated Services Not Subject to Price Cap Regulation (Non Price Capped Services)” (ECS 16/2016).
In this Preliminary Determination, URCA presents for consultation its proposed amendments of the “Regulation of Retail Prices for SMP Operators – Rules” (ECS 06/2014), also known as the Retail Pricing Rules or the Rules.Learn More
Preliminary Determination on Fees for the Electricity Sector in The Bahamas
Friday July 22nd, 2016
Today, the Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority, (URCA) published for consultation its Preliminary Determination on Fees for the Electricity Sector (ES) in The Bahamas (EC 01/2016).
On January 28, 2016 the Electricity Act (EA) came into operation which established URCA as the regulator for the Electricity Sector in The Bahamas. URCA will seek to regulate the ES in accordance with the goals, policy objectives and principles set out in the National Energy Policy and the Electricity Sector Policy, as required by the EA. In regard to the ES, URCA shall determine and assess fees or charges for the services it renders in the performance and exercise of its powers and functions under the EA. The Preliminary Determination published today details the types of fees and charges URCA proposes to levy on service providers and other relevant parties in the ES.Learn More
Latest Consultation Documents
- 26 Jul '16Responses to Public Consultation on the Proposed Revision of the Retail Pricing Rules for Price Regulated Services
- 22 Jul '16Final Determination and Draft Order National Roaming
- 18 Jul '16ES 01/2016 - Preliminary Determination on Fees in the Electricity Sector in The Bahamas
- 18 Jul '16ES 02/2016 - Consultation on Draft Public Electricity Supplier Licence
- 15 Jul '16Preliminary Determination SMP in Call Termination for Mobile for NewCo
- 26 May '16Preliminary Determination on Proposed Revision of Retail Pricing Rules for Non Price Capped Services